Amit is founder and director of AmiWorks. He provides the vision and technical direction to the team. A self confessed ‘dreamer, coder and blogger’… his friends just call him ‘the PHP guy‘. Amit is active in Pune’s PHP community and is actively involved in PHPCamp, the biggest unconference for PHP developers in India.
At WordCamp, Amit would be taking a session on “Custom Post Types and Taxonomies in WordPress 3.x“.
- Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am founder of AmiWorks, a web applications development company. I am also organizer of PHPCamp, biggest un-conference for PHP developers in India, and Joomla Day Pune. I have been playing with WordPress since it was 2.1. and I have released few plugins on wordpress.org
- What motivates you most to use WordPress?
It’s simplicity. The admin interface is very user friendly and extending it is easy task compared to other CMS’es, and one click upgrade is the best.
- What are your thought about WordPress Community in India?
I have not yet interacted with WP community in India, in general, this WordCamp would be my first opportunity to do so. Though i think we need have regular WordCamp’s like we have Joomla days or drupal camp in India. I hope WordCamp Jabalpur will set the trend.
- Topic on which you are speaking?
I will be talking about Custom Post Types and Taxonomies in WordPress 3.x.
- Why you decided to be a part of WC Jabalpur?
I wanted to interact with WordPress community, and WC Jabalpur provided me with the perfect opportunity.
- What are you mostly looking forward to during this WC Jbp?
To meet with other WordPress enthusiasts and users and learn from them.
- Who in WP community inspires you most and why?
Andrew Nacin, In a very short time he has become the face of WordPress Development team.
- A one line advice you would like to give people about WordPress.
It is a CMS, use it that way.